A phobia is a powerful fear of something which is actually not a danger. Most likely phobias develop in childhood; at times they do develop in adults. If one has a phobia and even if they realize their fear is unreasonable they still will not be able to control their feelings. Understanding phobia is the first step to overcome it as phobias are common. The phobias are highly treatable.
Common Types of Phobias
- Zoophobia – fear of animals
- Haemophobia – fear of blood
- Acrophobia – fear of heights
- Agoraphobia– fear of places or events where escape is impossible or when help is unavailable. Fear of open spaces or of being in public places.
- Sociophobia – fear of people or social situations
- During a flight thru turbulence or storm
- To stand in top of a 30 storied building
- To enter a friend’s house as his dog is unknown
- To a take an injection as painful
- Avoid an important meeting due to flight
- Avoid an important job as it’s in top floor
- Avoid even the friend’s house coz of dog
- Avoid the treatment even if it’s essential
Treatment for Phobias
It is easy to treat phobias yourself by trying by doing the following exercises:
- Face your fears, one step at a time
- Learn relaxation techniques
- Challenge negative thoughts
If still not able to control, kindly do contact us as our professionals will take you through a clinical evaluation to fix it.